Oh hasselback potatoes are so simple and delicious to make. We suggest you make it today for dinner. Or lunch. Or snack. Or breakfast. Just make them!Now we decided we wanted to do a bacon-garlic potato but just remember you can put whatever you like in it. Get creative! Cast: potatoes, bacon, garlic, butter, and olive oil.
First make your butter and olive oil mix. Nothing to complicated just melt the butter and stir in olive oil. Set aside.
Next, make slits down the entire length of the potato.
Remember, the more cuts the more you can stuff!
Once the potatoes are cut slice your garlic very, very thin!
Then put the garlic in every other cut, or every cut if you want it extra garlicy.
Oh bacon. We meet again. Slice the bacon thin and again place the bacon in the cut potato.
Now some recipes say to simply dunk the potatoes in the butter olive oil mix but we find if you pour it over the potato the butter gets into every nook and cranny and makes it even more delicious.
Place on a baking sheet and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Then throw in the oven for ~40 minutes.
- 6 potatoes (we were cooking for a few people but you can always cut this recipe in half)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 3 strips of bacon
- 1/4 cup of butter
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Parsley (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl and add olive oil. Allow to sit a cool.
- Wash potatoes and then carefully cut slits along the entire length. The key here is the more cuts the more you can stuff it.
- Slice the garlic very thin, and place in the cuts.
- Slice the bacon in small cuts and place in the cuts.
- Place potato in a bowl and pour the butter-olive oil mix over the potato.
- Place on a foiled baking sheet.
- Next, generously add salt and pepper to the top of the potato.
- Put the baking sheet into the oven for 40-45 minutes, depending on how well-done you want the potato to be.
- Take out of oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve and sprinkle with parsley (optional).